Luca's Humidor

An unknown Englishman once said, "Blessed be the man who invented smoking, the soother and comforter of a troubled spirit, allayer of angry passions, a comfort under loss of breakfast, and to the roamer of desolate places, the solitary wayfarer through life, serving for wife, children, and friends."

Friday, January 05, 2007

Cutthroat Porter

I had a Cutthroat Porter tonight from Odell Brewery. It probably would have been good with a steak or something heavy, but as a night cap it didn't hit home. It was like drinking a Planter's Nut Mix shake, too nutty for me, not crisp or refreshing at all.

I'll pass on this one in the future.

2 Comments:

Blogger JohnnyMitchell said...

Your constant descriptions of Porters as "too nutty" is getting out of hand.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Luca Brasi said...

Agreed, but this honestly tasted like someone had poured mixed nuts in a blender and added beer to it.

I guess I'm not a porter man. Give me an IPA any day of the week.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home