Luca's Humidor

An unknown Englishman once said, "Blessed be the man who invented smoking, the soother and comforter of a troubled spirit, allayer of angry passions, a comfort under loss of breakfast, and to the roamer of desolate places, the solitary wayfarer through life, serving for wife, children, and friends."

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!




I picked up a 5 pack of Indian Tabac’s Cameroon Legend Maduro Gorilla’s early this year and have enjoyed each of them I have smoked. The Gorilla is a visually daunting stick, 6” long with a mammoth 58 ring gauge. The label is foil, in IT’s signature orange and black design, with the word Maduro printed below the company’s Indian head logo.

The four I have smoked have all burned quite nicely and created a great ash that holds up well despite the thickness of the cigar. The beautiful maduro wrapper is dark, oily, and sweet tasting. The smoke is plentiful, but not overpowering. In fact, the cigar is overall very mild mannered in terms of taste and “punch.” More of a oversized-stuffed animal than a 800 lb beast you envision pulling it out of the wrapper. The Gorilla did unleash spice throughout the second half of the cigar.

I’ve smoked each Gorilla to the nub, a considerable feat considering the size of the CL. That said, I may have to invest in a punch for these in the future as a cut from the guillotine revealed more exposed tobacco than I normally prefer to get a good draw, but otherwise these are great sticks at around $2.00 a pop. However because the last one I smoked started out slightly bitter (which was not something I recall from the other 3 I smoked), I’m going to rate this one a 3.5.

I’ll be interested in JMitch’s assessment Super Fuerte Robusto he has resting in his humi, before I decide if I will purchase another 5 pack of these or try something else in the Indian Tabac line.

Here is how other’s rated the Gorilla at top25cigar.com, currently holding a 7.16/10 rating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home