Luca's Humidor

An unknown Englishman once said, "Blessed be the man who invented smoking, the soother and comforter of a troubled spirit, allayer of angry passions, a comfort under loss of breakfast, and to the roamer of desolate places, the solitary wayfarer through life, serving for wife, children, and friends."

Monday, March 05, 2007

Bye, Bye Winter

March is finally here, and not a minute to soon. February is Nebraska pretty much sucks ass. The only nice thing about the month is how short it is. I've spent the last 8 weeks hoping for a nice day to smoke a cigar, but alas it was not in the cards.

So, Sunday night the guys ventured out to John's garage, fired up the space heater and endured sub 40 temps to get a cigar in to kick off March. I chose a Rocky Patel Sun Grown Torpedo and was not disappointed.

I smoked the torpedo, a 6 1/4" 52 ring gauge cigar. The cigar was very smooth in flavor, enhanced by a wrapper that was sweet tasting. The profile did not change much throughout the smoke. Like all Rocky's, this one produced a great cloud of smoke with each puff.

I'm going to have to give this another go around before I determine where it sits in the Rocky family, but for right now it's a step below the Edge. I'll rate it a 3.5 out of 5.

See how other rated it at top25cigar.com.

I paired the Sun Grown with a Sam Adams White Ale. This is Sam's spring seasonal beer, a white Belgian wheat. The beer is a little sweet, which I didn't like at first, but actually was great with the sweet tasting wrapper of the torpedo. I'd give this Sam Adams version a 3 out of 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home