Luca's Humidor

An unknown Englishman once said, "Blessed be the man who invented smoking, the soother and comforter of a troubled spirit, allayer of angry passions, a comfort under loss of breakfast, and to the roamer of desolate places, the solitary wayfarer through life, serving for wife, children, and friends."

Friday, February 09, 2007

Lindeman's 2005 Shiraz

I've made an effort to start drinking a glass of red wine daily in hopes that all the recent medical mumbo-jumbo is correct and it has a beneficial effect on my long term health. Therefore, I'm hunting for a couple of decent red wines to be everyday options.

Hy-Vee had Lindeman's 2005 Shiraz on sale for $5.99 (regularly $9.99), and I am a general fan of Shiraz, so I gave it a try. The bottle states the wine is from South Africa, but the Lindeman's winery is actually based out of Australia, but has a far reaching source of grapes.

This Shiraz was very acidic, not especially smooth or enjoyable. It also seemed water-downed, not what I'm typically looking for in a wine. For the price, not dreadful, but certainly not worth the suggested regular price in my opinion, and I doubt I pick up another, even if it is on sale.

However, other families (read more expensive) in the Lindeman line have been highly rated, so I'll look for other options down the road.

I'll give the this one a 2.0 out of five.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home